Popsugar | 0317
This Is What Tattooed Brows Look Like 16 Months On
My prayers for good brows (just like Gigi’s) were answered by the feather-touch skills of Amy Jean almost 18 months ago when she tattooed my arches. You can read all about the first time here. Now, over a year after my first brow tattooing experience, it was time I got them touched up.
My year with brows has been great, they’re no longer something I lament over and painstakingly apply every morning. Godsend. Here are 6 things that have been made easier now I have tattooed brows:
1. They don’t disappear in water. Pool, sea or shower, these babies are here to stay!
2. Brow mascara is a tattooed girl’s best friend. This will add depth and dimension so your arches don’t appear flat.
3. Going to somewhere you trust is everything. Over the last year or so I have been privy to many a nightmare tale because the industry is not properly regulated. Please do your research before you invest, and make sure the images the salon you’re going to are actually theirs – some salons have been known to showcase work that isn’t their own!
4. Keep tinting your brows. I know it seems cruel that you still have to invest at all, but a good brow tint just makes your arches even better and more natural-looking. I like to go to Benefit Cosmetics for this as they’re super quick and they do a really good colour, that’s not too dark.
5. The work is done for you. I love now that every time I want to add bold brows to a look, I have the perfect outline to work on.
6. They don’t last forever. As you can see from my most recent before and after below (18-month old tattoos vs. freshly done), they fade and blur over time. This means, if I ever decide I don’t want them anymore, it will only take a few years to let them go.